Sunday, January 11, 2009

Trav & Emily

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Biggest Announcement of All


Sundance Resort
Originally uploaded by travisghansen
It's again past time for me to make another entry to my blog. I decided I better get at least 2 entries in this year :). Anyway, first off the biggest news of all, I'm engaged to the beautiful Emily Hecker! For those who don't know we've been dating since February and the plans are to get married in Logan on May, 5 2009 (cinqo de mayo celebration anyone?). Now, for a recap of the past few months...

Let's recap some trips

1. Emily and I did family reunions in Baltimore, Virginia Beach, and Ohio. First we went to Baltimore to visit with Jared and Christina which was great. Right after arriving we went to Famous Daves and I had some ribs and did my best to get bbq sauce all over my face. We also visited Mount Vernon while we were there and that was great.

2. We left Baltimore and headed for Virginia Beach. We got stuck in traffic and weren't actually able to make it to the beach in time to be there with Emily's family, but we still went to the beach and took in some waves. All of Emily's family was there and it was great to meet each of them and get to know them better. We visited a world war 2 era battleship and also saw Jamestown which I absolutely loved. Among other things I kicked some serious trash with Guitar Hero (sorry Anna) and had a sweet 80's talent show. If I remember correctly Peter got things off with some amazing dance moves.

3. We flew out of Virginia Beach into Cleveland. After arriving in Cleveland we left (after an insanely long trip to get to the car rental shop from the airport) for Kirtland to visit the LDS visitors' center of the reconstructed city and also the Kirtland Temple now owned by the Community of Christ. We unfortunately did not make it to the temple in time to get the tour but we were able to walk around the grounds and have a look at the outside. It's a beautiful and amazing structure. The restored historic city is great as well and I especially loved the N. K. Whitney store. Next we drove down to Seneca Lake for the family reunion (Emily's Dad Bill and his cousins) and had a great time visiting with family and playing on the boats and jet skiis. After the family reunion we headed back up to Cleveland to fly out but on the way we were able to stop at the Johnson Farm another LDS historical site.

All of that was in early august. Then in September I moved to Logan to be near Utah State where Emily is attending school. In October Jeff and I went to the ADT convention in Dallas and I played golf at the Dallas Cowboys Country Club. November I went to Charlotte, NC for some work and then it was thanksgiving in Rexburg at Emily's sister Jenny's house. December as soon as finals were out I came back to Spanish Fork to be with family and friends for the holidays. Christmas has come and gone already and it's New Year's Eve.

It's been another amazing 6 months and I'm looking forward to 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment